In the past, politicians disagreed, contended, and perceived things differently, however, in the vast majority of cases, sought, to seek, a meeting – of – the – minds, for the common good, which seems lacking, these days! Chris Matthews’ first book discussed, the way, Speaker of the House, O’Neill, and President Reagan, who were on nearly opposite poles of the political spectrum, remained, friends, despite those differences, which allowed the possibility of making a bargain, for the sake of the country. We seem to be witnessing, today, a period of time, where this debate, has become personal, in addition to political, and, instead of the typical empty rhetoric and promises, has brought with it, a polarizing, negative, vitriol, which appears to make common ground, almost unachievable. With that in mind, this guide will try to briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, how this impacts us, and why we need a return, to start discussions, and some possibility of bi – partisan, compromise.
1. Priorities; coverage; public: Although many will always disagree, there should be certain, fundamental priorities, which they can agree on. These ought to be based on strengthening the freedoms, rights, and liberties, mentioned, suggested, and, supposedly, ensured, by our Constitution. Unfortunately, even in these regions, the unprecedented, vitriol, and appeal to the, them, mindset, has made, attaining necessary, quality public policy, nearly unachievable!
2. Attitude; aptitude; attention: We need leader, with a true, positive, can – do, attitude, who seek solutions, as opposed to making empty promises! Our President, is reported, to be unwilling, and not ready to, develop the capacity, and skill – set, which could make him better armed! Beware of, where a politician dedicates all his attention!
3. Relevant; realistic; rationale/ rationale: We should be concerned, when over one – third of the American people, supports someone, who proudly proceeds, with the slogan, Alamo Heights Wildlife Removal, rather than seeking a relevant, realistic approach, and viable solution! Examine someone’s rationale, in explaining their rationale, and focus on, while it is in the best interests of all Americans!
4. Timely; accurate; trends: Beware of the good old days, approach, because times change, and we need leaders, ready to evolve, with an open – mind, and the power to present timely plans, and proposals! When fact – checkers proclaimour President has made significant misstatements, over six times, daily, rather than articulating a true, focused message, and taking advantage of significant trends, our system needs fixing!
5. Ideas; ideology; imagination; integrity: This is the time for quality ideas, which align with the core ideology, which America has ever represented! Rather than electing the same – old, same – old, politicians, we will need to be led, by people, with relevant imagination, and a dedication to absolute integrity!
6. Service; system; sustainable solutions: Unless/ untilour leaders emphasize service to people they represent, as opposed to merely, their own personal/ political agenda, and self – interest, we will challenged, to proceed, with a system, which will bring forth, a genuinely, sustainable alternative!
7. Articulate: Frequently, the difference between, moving ahead, and lackluster leadership, is electing people, who articulate a positive, unifying message, rather than a polarizing, adversarial one!
8. Needs: Our priority should be addressing the perceived and real needs, of our citizens, in a way, where we guarantee freedom, freedom, and justice for all, while addressing economic, security, and so on, at the same time!